Wedding Cake Designer of the Year
Who doesn’t like cake? Be it a traditional or contemporary design, every wedding must have a wedding cake as its centrepiece. With so many styles, sizes and tastes to choose from, making that final choice can be a tough and tasty decision for any couple.
Our judges are looking for cake makers with a difference!
An individual or team that can offer great choice and customer service and who can promise their couples something that is both visually stunning and delicious to eat!
Please send our judges the requested samples as indicated below as well as various photos of your portfolio along with your entry and explain to them why a couple looking for that special cake would choose yours. Entrants must make and decorate their own cakes.
NEW! For judging this year we kindly ask that all entrants supply us with 2 samples of cakes that they have baked for our judges; one should be a lemon cake and the other your own personal signature flavour.
How you wish to present this is up to you, but there is no requirement to create two large full size cakes, as each judge will only need a taste of each flavour. Judging date: Monday, 14th October 2019 at The Mercure Great Danes Hotel, Maidstone (further details will follow upon receipt of application).
All entrants will be emailed nearer the time with more details regarding judging dates and times and will be judged on the following aspects:-
- How do you help the couples choose the shape and size of their wedding cake?
- Describe your consultation meeting
- What additional charges or set up fees do you ask for?
- Tell us a little about your cake making skills and style
- What accessories do you offer / supply for the couple?
- Tell us what style or flavour trends you have noticed and how you have catered for them
- How do you cater for food allergies?
- Describe how you liaise with the venue
- Please give us an example of one of your biggest challenges! (Include photo if poss.)
- What makes your service so attractive to couples?
- Please ensure you include a copy of your Level 2 Food Safety in Catering certificate
All entrants must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months as at time of judging (Monday, 14th October 2019) and be based in Kent.