Independent Wedding Caterer Award
The Wedding Breakfast is central to the celebration of a Marriage, a chance to sit and relax in the company of family and friends and enjoy fantastic food.
This category is for all independent caterers who are based in Kent and who pride themselves on creating delicious taste experiences for couples.
From the most grand and formal to relaxed and casual – if you provide food then this category is for you!
Please note that you are permitted to bring samples of your work to judging day ( Mercure Great Danes Hotel) judging samples should be in the form of a single platter of cold items which can be kept in a fridge/cool place (according to your instructions)Further details on dates/timings will be sent to all applicants of this category nearer the time
- Describe your consultation meeting
- Outline the packages that you offer and what is included?
- How do you cater for allergy/dietary issues?
- Tell us about how your team works with the couple both beforehand and on the day
- How do you cater for couples with set or limited budgets?
- Describe the background, qualifications and skills of your chef
- What was your most challenging menu?
- Please tell us about your health and hygiene protocols and please enclose copies of your food hygiene certificates
All entrants must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months as at time of judging (Friday, 6th October 2023) and be based in Kent.