Wedding Florist of the Year
From a simple hand-tied bouquet to an exquisitely decorated church or venue, every couple wants only the freshest and most beautiful blooms to enhance their wedding theme.
We are looking for entries from professional wedding florists who can demonstrate an established track record of serving brides in Kent and who can demonstrate how they interpret a couple’s ideas and dreams perfectly.
Please complete the entry form and cover the following points in your submission.
- Describe yourself and your team’s skills
- Describe your initial consultation / meeting with the couple
- Tell us how many weddings you have created floral displays for over the last 12 months and please provide examples of your wedding work in Kent over the last 12 months
- Tell us about your professional floristry background
- Once you know their budget, describe how you meet the couple’s needs
- Are you a recommended supplier? If so, please provide details of the venue(s)
- What makes a couple choose your floristry over your competitors?
- What has been your most challenging bridal request? (Photos if poss.)
NEW! – For judging, in addition to responses to the above criteria, we welcome a floral example of your work, which you may bring on judging day to The Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel (Monday, 11th October 2021). This should be one floral piece only, for example a bouquet, posy or table centre, and must not exceed 1/3 of a trestle table top, nor extend around the floor area please. The judges’ brief for the floral submission is based upon your creativity and as a way to demonstrate your talent more easily alongside your written submission.
To accompany your floral piece, please additionally provide a short written statement about the flowers and style you have chosen for our judges and your reasons for choosing to create it. You may also supply as many images as you wish on memory stick/disc, or album and must include client testimonials.
All entrants must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months as at time of judging (Monday, 11th October 2021) and be based in Kent.