Wedding Photographer of the Year
We all know how important our photos and memories are to us in everyday life – none more so than those of our wedding day.
Our expert judges are looking for qualified, full-time wedding photographers to supply examples of their work that demonstrate how they make it a day never to be forgotten. All entrants must be able to demonstrate that they are fully qualified and work full time by supplying supporting documentation of all their photographic credentials.
For this year, our judges are accepting examples of work created over the last 24 months- as at our closing date ( Oct 2019 – Oct 2021) Within this time period our judges would welcome seeing both your early work and also, examples of your most recent work where possible please
Please tell us about you and your business and professional style and please include answers to as many of the following criteria points as possible.
- As a professional photographer – why wedding photography?
- Describe your initial meeting/consultation process with couples
- Please describe the styles and portfolios that you can offer, along with indication of costs and packages available
- If a couple only has a limited budget, how do you approach this concern?
- Tell us about the photographic equipment you use and why you use it
- Tell us how you overcome any potential difficulties with weddings that occur in poor weather/light/environmental conditions etc.
- What back up plans do you have in place if you are unable to attend a wedding at short notice?
- How many weddings have you photographed within the last 12 months?
- What photographic associations/trade bodies do you belong to (please enclose certificates)?
- Please enclose your proof of professional indemnity
Please supply digital images when making your online submission entry .
It is also our intention to create a timed, contactless drop – off for you to submit 1 physical album for judging, at The Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel. Your supplied album must be clearly marked with your business name.
This will be entirely dependent upon government guidelines at time of judging ( 11th Oct 2021) and you will be contacted by us with full details about how this process will work, nearer the time.
Memory sticks/discs may also be supplied with your album, which again must be clearly marked with your business name. Please note all items supplied for judging will be treated with the greatest respect but the organisers do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss.
All entrants must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months as at time of judging (Monday, 11th October 2021) and be based in Kent.