How the awards are judged
The Professional categories of the Kent Wedding Awards will be independently judged after the closing date by a carefully selected, handpicked panel that comprises engaged couples from Kent and a panel of especially selected wedding, media, photographic and journalistic professionals. These carefully selected couples and panellists will – using a combination of both online and physical judging, be analysing every entry and judging from the consumers’ point of view. They will look at and read each submission and then select a shortlist for all the wedding professional categories.
Our sponsors can of course enter the awards, but will not be invited to assist with the judging and will have no access to any entries submitted, in order to ensure the process is completely private & confidential, fair and unbiased. This decision will allow them to enter the awards clear in the knowledge that each entry will be independently & impartially judged on its own merits, with complete confidentiality.
Prior to joining our judging panel each judge must sign a confidentially agreement, specifying that they must not reveal anything about the judging and applicants. They must also declare that they have no connection whatsoever with any entries or sponsors, ensuring that our judging process is completely confidential and makes for an exciting ‘reveal’ on the night of the awards. A Kentish Ceremony magazine will publish a profile page of all our professional judges if you would like to find out more.
Closing date for receipt of entries will be Monday, 2nd October 2023.
Couples’ Choice! – Great Service Award
The winner of this is award will be the Kent-based organisation that receives the most votes via an email questionnaire. Recently married and engaged couples may enter according to the terms and conditions shown on the category page of this website. There will be no finalists for this award, only an outright winner.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- There will be a nominal charge of £60.00 per entry (inclusive of VAT).
- The organisers reserve the right to change deadline dates and categories as they see appropriate.
- Entries will not be returned, unless specifically requested and accompanied by the correct packaging and payment together with a self-addressed, postage-paid label.
- The organisers will do their best to ensure that your submission materials are handled carefully, but we cannot accept liability for any damage, breakage or loss that may occur at any stage.
- Any category which the organisers decide has insufficient entries may not be put through to judging. In this case all entrants will receive an immediate refund of their entry fee. Please note that this may occur close to judging date as this is when most entries are received.
- Please note that the KWA finalist and winner logos and brand name are registered trademarks and may not be copied or amended for use in any way without written consent from The Kent Wedding Awards. Use of the logo by non-qualifying companies or any amendment to date, wording or colour is strictly prohibited and all unauthorised use will result in legal action.